Hostex supports all major booking platforms and channel managers via the iCal format. If you use multiple platforms, such as TripAdvisor, HomeAway, stayz, etc, you can sync them with the Hostex Multi-Calendar.
The iCal synchronization helps you stay in control of upcoming reservations and reduces the risk of double-booking.
- Hostex will only block dates when syncing reservations from iCal; other types of items will not be affected.
- Reservations synced through iCal will not be displayed on the Hostex calendar (since Hostex can only recognize booked markings, and iCal does not contain key reservation information).
- Hostex runs synchronization twice per hour via ical.
How do I import an external calendar to Hostex via iCal?
- Go to the Properties page.
- Select any property you would like to sync with the external platform.
- Switch to the Channel section.
- Select the Add iCal button.
- Click on ‘Copy’ and paste the URL into the channel side.
- Input the URL provided by the channel side in the blank.
Where can I find the URL of the external calendar?
The method of obtaining the iCal links for each platform may vary. It is recommended to contact the customer support of each platform to obtain more accurate instructions.
Here’s how you can download your iCal link from TripAdvisor:
- Look at the top of the page and go to Calendar.
- Select Export Calendar, to the right, under Sync more calendar.
- You will see a pop-up box at the URL Link. Click Copy To Clipboard.